Friday, August 31, 2007

Cooking This Weekend?

I have two recipes to share with you. One comes from Chocolate and Zucchini and is a great way to celebrate the beginning of the fall season with its (in the northern hemisphere) cooler weather and need for heartier foods.

It's Carmelized Chicken with Green Olives and Prunes and a few other wonderful things. It does require marinating overnight, so read the recipe now. But aside from that, it's easy to make, smells heavenly when cooking and the flavour! Rich and gooey (in my world, gooey is a flavour) and with a sweetness that's balanced by the saltiness of the olives. Grown up, but still comfort food.

Serve it with rice, to soak up every bit of the sauce. And maybe a salad or coleslaw on the side.

Not quite ready to admit that summer's ending yet? Then head on over to The Traveler's Lunchbox and check out this recipe for, basically, Guacamole Pasta.

It's a rich, fresh, flavourful celebration of the best that life can offer in the form of tomatoes, garlic, avacado, and pasta. I made it for dinner last night and it was gorgeous (that, too, counts as a flavour - with a bit of texture mixed in).

I made it without the bacon (Seriously. The recipe calls for it.). But next time, I will definitely add it. Once when life was feeling particularly stressful, we made ourselves tomato, avacado and bacon sandwiches for lunch. With the addition of a big glass of red wine, life looked a whole lot better afterwards!

Since we've made both of these dishes this week (And I'm on the hook for dinner again tonight. Not what I'm used to at all these last few years!), we'll be heading out for dinner tomorrow night. I'll remember to bring the camera this time and I'll have another restaurant review.

I hope you all have a great weekend, whatever you decide to do!

No comments: