Saturday, September 22, 2007

An Alternative to Plastic

Apartment Therapy - Kitchen had a post a couple of days ago about glass refridgerator containers. Pretty, but pricey.

I inherited a couple of my mother's pudding bowls and then picked up a few more at the auction (and then I had enough, so I stopped collecting!) and I use them for storing leftovers in the fridge. A bread plate works nicely as a lid and circumvents the whole plastic-container-lid-mess nightmare.


I find that, because these bowls are breakable (and because some were my mother's, very special to me) we tend to be more careful about what gets stuffed into the fridge. They stay at the front of the shelf, so we eat up the leftovers much more quickly than we would with plastic, which can migrate to the back of the fridge and get lost.


You Didn't Think I'd Let You See Inside My Fridge, Did You?

No comments: