Friday, August 29, 2008

Celebration Fridays - Pay it Forward

Awhile ago, I decided to participate in Pay It Forward on Heloise Bottomley's beautiful blog, My Imperfect Garden.  The deal was that the first three people to leave a comment would receive a handmade gift, sometime in the next year.  And once it arrived, they would have to pay it forward to three commenters on their blog.  And so on....

In the midst of moving and settling in and changing jobs, I stopped in at the post office and found this.

A Mysterious Package From Afar....

Is there anything better than a gift in the mail when you're all stressed out?

It was beautifully wrapped (I may need to rethink my "chuck it in a gift bag and present it with a smile" policy...)

I Saved the Little Roses...

And inside....

DSC06803

And now I'm dreaming of my own Imperfect Garden at the new house next summer.

Thank you so much, Heloise!

And now it's time to pay it forward.  The first three people to leave a comment will receive a gift from me..... sometime in the next year.

And if you don't normally participate in blog games, believe me when I tell you, this one? Is totally fun!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!  I hope you find much to celebrate!

6 comments:

Denise Kiggan said...

Lovely to see yours reached the other side of the world safely! I was also a lucky recipient!

Anonymous said...

I'm not so far away... but love reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

How very very cool. The surprise factor makes it even more special...

Nice to see you back and settled in again.

Anonymous said...

0h yes...and this weekend I'm celebrating:

...the return of school
...first dates
...the return of school

Heloise said...

PIF has given me great pleasure, not least in seeing and hearing the recipients process of unfolding the package and discovering the contents - enjoy and glad to have you back! I love the cloth you shot them against.

Barb McMahon and Alan Mailloux said...

Thanks Heloise! That background was pure serendipity - it's what I had on the table when your present arrived!

And now that I have my three comments, please email me your addresses so I can send you something nice one of these days!