Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lazy Sunday Links

Chez la Mere Catherine

When I started this blog, I hadn't spent a lot of time searching around for other food blogs.  I naively assumed that there were a manageable number of them out there.

I've learned a lot since then.  But the number and scope of blogs that fall into the category of "food" continues to amaze me.  There are food blogs that only post recipes.  Ones that mainly do restaurant reviews.  Some analyze the politics behind what's available in our grocery stores and markets.

I take a less specialized approach and tend to gravitate to other blogs that do the same.

I found one this week that I've added to my own "daily reads" list.  It's called Thursday Night Smackdown.  It's irreverent, funny and thoughtful.  As Michelle says in her intro: "I like to cook.  I like to cuss.  I do both with great gusto..."  And, oh yes people, she does! If the swearing doesn't scare you, definitely check it out.

That's all for this week - I'm still getting over the cold I picked up in Paris.  My sister was smarter - she picked up a scarf instead!

No comments: